5 Common Types Of Headaches And How To Get Rid Of Them. What are these different types of headaches? what is the best way to relieve these headaches? How do we get rid of these headaches fast? What actually causes these headaches?
The main causes of these headaches are severe stress, fatigue, sinusitis, poor posture, water loss, dehydration, and holding the head in an improper position for a long time. In some cases, we can solve this pesky problem by ourselves, yet sometimes we should see a doctor immediately.
Here’s a detailed guide to help you identify the 5 common types of headaches you have as well as the best strategy for pain relief.
Take any appropriate painkiller, but you should only use them occasionally. If headaches occur frequently, consult your doctor. Try to be physically active. This is the most frequent type of headache. The main symptoms:
- You feel like you’re wearing a tight band around your forehead.
- You feel spasms around your eyes and upper forehead.
- You feel a dull gnawing pain.
A sinus headache rarely goes away on its own. If you have an allergy, antihistamines may help. In other cases, it’s best to see a doctor who will most probably prescribe antibiotics. This type of headache is caused by sinusitis. The main symptoms:
- You feel pain in your forehead around the eyebrows and under the eyes.
- This headache might lead to a running or blocked nose.
- You feel tired and weak.
A number of treatments are available to help ease the symptoms. Moreover, regular exercise will help you improve your health significantly. All symptoms occur during a migraine attack that progresses through four stages:
- Prodrome (1 to 2 days). You feel irritable, fatigued and have an increased or decreased appetite.
- Aura (up to 30 mins). You become sensitive to light, feel tingling and numbness, and might have speech disorders.
- Resolution (up to 24 hours). You feel fatigued and have trouble concentrating.
- A headache itself (up to 72 hours). You feel severe throbbing pain.
Treating a cluster headache can be tricky because the pain appears and disappears spontaneously and at a moment’s notice. Only a doctor can help you solve this problem. Cluster headaches affect less than 1% of the population. The main symptoms:
- Redness of the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
Alcohol causes blood vessel dilation and affects serotonin levels in your body. The best remedy is to take a painkiller, drink plenty of water, and get some good sleep. We hope you will never experience any of these headaches, but if you get one of them it’s better to consult a doctor before taking any medicines. Do not self-medicate! The main symptoms:
- Throbbing or dull aching pain